Madeleine McCann case: Images released of man wanted for questioning
LONDON -- UK police have released two composite drawings of a man they want to question in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
The 3-year-old British girl went missing from her parent's hotel room in Portugal in May 2007.
After first suspecting her parents, Scotland Yard is now looking at other persons of interest including the unidentified man in the sketches. The man was seen in the Praia da Luz town area around the time of Madeleine's disappearance.
The case was examined during an episode of the UK television show "Crimewatch."
"We are not the ones who have done something wrong here. It's the person who has gone into that apartment, taking a little girl away from her family," mother Kate McCann said during an interview on "Crimewatch."
The images were based on information from separate witnesses.
"The [images] are clear, and I'd ask the public to look very carefully at them," Det. Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said during an interview for the television show. "And if they know who this person is, please come forward."
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 4 min ago
- Arrest made in fatal shooting of security guard 12 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir 5 min ago
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip club
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today 49 min ago
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies 19 min ago
- Behold, the pizza cake 17 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 21 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident