Madeleine McCann case: Images released of man wanted for questioning
LONDON -- UK police have released two composite drawings of a man they want to question in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
The 3-year-old British girl went missing from her parent's hotel room in Portugal in May 2007.
After first suspecting her parents, Scotland Yard is now looking at other persons of interest including the unidentified man in the sketches. The man was seen in the Praia da Luz town area around the time of Madeleine's disappearance.
The case was examined during an episode of the UK television show "Crimewatch."
"We are not the ones who have done something wrong here. It's the person who has gone into that apartment, taking a little girl away from her family," mother Kate McCann said during an interview on "Crimewatch."
The images were based on information from separate witnesses.
"The [images] are clear, and I'd ask the public to look very carefully at them," Det. Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said during an interview for the television show. "And if they know who this person is, please come forward."
- 1 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 55 min ago
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon 31 min ago
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 51 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 42 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Study: Losing temper could lead to heart attack, stroke 29 min ago
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
14 min ago