Madeleine McCann case: Images released of man wanted for questioning
LONDON -- UK police have released two composite drawings of a man they want to question in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
The 3-year-old British girl went missing from her parent's hotel room in Portugal in May 2007.
After first suspecting her parents, Scotland Yard is now looking at other persons of interest including the unidentified man in the sketches. The man was seen in the Praia da Luz town area around the time of Madeleine's disappearance.
The case was examined during an episode of the UK television show "Crimewatch."
"We are not the ones who have done something wrong here. It's the person who has gone into that apartment, taking a little girl away from her family," mother Kate McCann said during an interview on "Crimewatch."
The images were based on information from separate witnesses.
"The [images] are clear, and I'd ask the public to look very carefully at them," Det. Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said during an interview for the television show. "And if they know who this person is, please come forward."
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy 23 min ago
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Child dies in rollover wreck along Gulf Freeway 37 min ago
- Car becomes lodged under box truck in SW Houston wreck 47 min ago
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Convict who escaped TX prison returns from Mexico 24 min ago
- Court filing: Tugboat in ship channel spill was speeding 17 min ago
- More space, shops coming to The Galleria 39 min ago
- Katy ISD student reportedly abducted from campus
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
29 min ago