Highway 290 reopens hours after fatal rig wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A deadly accident shut down 290 at Hegar Road in both directions during rush-hour Monday afternoon.
According to Transtar, just before 2pm, the big rig hit a concrete barrier, overturned and then spilled asphalt on the pavement, so a TxDOT maintenance crew was dispatched to the scene to clean up the area before the lanes could be reopened.
Traffic was being routed to access roads and delays are expected.
It wasn't immediately known how the accident occurred. The victim's identity wasn't immediately known either.
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale