Highway 290 reopens hours after fatal rig wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A deadly accident shut down 290 at Hegar Road in both directions during rush-hour Monday afternoon.
According to Transtar, just before 2pm, the big rig hit a concrete barrier, overturned and then spilled asphalt on the pavement, so a TxDOT maintenance crew was dispatched to the scene to clean up the area before the lanes could be reopened.
Traffic was being routed to access roads and delays are expected.
It wasn't immediately known how the accident occurred. The victim's identity wasn't immediately known either.
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- One dead, several injured in bar shooting 15 min ago
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Family affected by HPD homicide probe speaks out
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Rockets fall to Portland again, down 2-0 in series
- Authorities: Deadly wreck sparked by fleeing driver 13 min ago
- Job fair today only for veterans, spouses 12 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Two people shot outside auto shop
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Cy-Fair ISD: Bible OK to bring for independent reading
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes