Highway 290 reopens hours after fatal rig wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A deadly accident shut down 290 at Hegar Road in both directions during rush-hour Monday afternoon.
According to Transtar, just before 2pm, the big rig hit a concrete barrier, overturned and then spilled asphalt on the pavement, so a TxDOT maintenance crew was dispatched to the scene to clean up the area before the lanes could be reopened.
Traffic was being routed to access roads and delays are expected.
It wasn't immediately known how the accident occurred. The victim's identity wasn't immediately known either.
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are stuggling
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Police investigating shooting in southwest Houston 7 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI 40 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts 30 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop