John W. Syzdek, Sr.
An active member of the Houston Fire Department for 15 years assigned to the Office of Emergency Communication (OEC) located in the Houston Emergency Center. Chief Syzdek is responsible for managing quality assurance in HFD dispatch and, as a primary goal, keep the high standard in its operations.
According to Chief Syzdek, the most rewarding part of working for HFD is the ability to help citizens on a daily basis.
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home