Let's Dish: Holiday Truffles
Making your own holiday confections seems difficult, but it really is not. The Live Well Network's Chris Koetke's truffle suckers will make your seasonal spread sweet and delicious!
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus several hours for cooling)
Cook time: 0 minutes
8 oz. chocolate, semisweet (best quality available)
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 Tablespoons cognac
24 sucker sticks
Cocoa powder and assorted sprinkles.
1. Cut chocolate into small pieces, or grate. Place in a bowl.
2. Bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate is well melted and the mixture is homogeneous. Add 2 Tablespoons cognac and stir briefly.
3. Place ganache (chocolate mixture) in refrigerator until cold and noticeably more solid.
4. Roll a small amount of cold ganache in your hands (you have to work fast) and then stick it to the end of a sucker stick. Roll the ganache then in cocoa powder or assorted sprinkles.
- Boy, 15, bitten by shark at Surfside Beach
- Court says pre-Miranda silence can be used
- Police: Teen dies trying to protect his mom
- Bullet-proof glass saves store clerk during shooting
- Robbers hit jewelry store in The Woodlands
- One dead in multi-vehicle wreck in N. Harris Co.
- Resident fights to save tree in The Heights
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Webster flower shop murder shocks community
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- Photos: Daytime Emmy Awards red carpet arrivals
- otrc: Kim Kardashian gives birth to baby girl
- abcnews: Burned woman warns of spa dangers
- Video: Good Samaritan stabbed by own sword