Let's Dish: Holiday Truffles
Making your own holiday confections seems difficult, but it really is not. The Live Well Network's Chris Koetke's truffle suckers will make your seasonal spread sweet and delicious!
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus several hours for cooling)
Cook time: 0 minutes
8 oz. chocolate, semisweet (best quality available)
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 Tablespoons cognac
24 sucker sticks
Cocoa powder and assorted sprinkles.
1. Cut chocolate into small pieces, or grate. Place in a bowl.
2. Bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate is well melted and the mixture is homogeneous. Add 2 Tablespoons cognac and stir briefly.
3. Place ganache (chocolate mixture) in refrigerator until cold and noticeably more solid.
4. Roll a small amount of cold ganache in your hands (you have to work fast) and then stick it to the end of a sucker stick. Roll the ganache then in cocoa powder or assorted sprinkles.
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo