Let's Dish: Holiday Truffles
Making your own holiday confections seems difficult, but it really is not. The Live Well Network's Chris Koetke's truffle suckers will make your seasonal spread sweet and delicious!
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus several hours for cooling)
Cook time: 0 minutes
8 oz. chocolate, semisweet (best quality available)
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 Tablespoons cognac
24 sucker sticks
Cocoa powder and assorted sprinkles.
1. Cut chocolate into small pieces, or grate. Place in a bowl.
2. Bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate is well melted and the mixture is homogeneous. Add 2 Tablespoons cognac and stir briefly.
3. Place ganache (chocolate mixture) in refrigerator until cold and noticeably more solid.
4. Roll a small amount of cold ganache in your hands (you have to work fast) and then stick it to the end of a sucker stick. Roll the ganache then in cocoa powder or assorted sprinkles.
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 22 min ago
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest 23 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home 28 min ago
- Nutrition and supplement maker Herbalife facing FTC intquiry 28 min ago