Let's Dish: Holiday Truffles
Making your own holiday confections seems difficult, but it really is not. The Live Well Network's Chris Koetke's truffle suckers will make your seasonal spread sweet and delicious!
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus several hours for cooling)
Cook time: 0 minutes
8 oz. chocolate, semisweet (best quality available)
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 Tablespoons cognac
24 sucker sticks
Cocoa powder and assorted sprinkles.
1. Cut chocolate into small pieces, or grate. Place in a bowl.
2. Bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate is well melted and the mixture is homogeneous. Add 2 Tablespoons cognac and stir briefly.
3. Place ganache (chocolate mixture) in refrigerator until cold and noticeably more solid.
4. Roll a small amount of cold ganache in your hands (you have to work fast) and then stick it to the end of a sucker stick. Roll the ganache then in cocoa powder or assorted sprinkles.
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos