Wayne Dolcefino leaves ABC-13
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's a sad day here at ABC-13. After nearly 28 years heading the 13 Undercover unit, Wayne Dolcefino has elected to leave the station.
Wayne first started working at Eyewitness News in 1985 and quickly established himself as one of the premier investigative reporters in the United States. Focusing on government corruption and as a watchdog for Houstonians, Wayne's reporting led to millions of taxpayer dollars being saved, as well as numerous government officials criminally investigated for possible wrongdoing.
Some of his recent investigations concluded with the resignation of Harris County Commissioner Jerry Eversole and the recent indictment of Harris County Constable Victor Trevino.
Wayne's body of work has resulted in several dozen Emmy Awards, including five for his recent investigation of several Harris County constable offices.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail