Wayne Dolcefino leaves ABC-13
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's a sad day here at ABC-13. After nearly 28 years heading the 13 Undercover unit, Wayne Dolcefino has elected to leave the station.
Wayne first started working at Eyewitness News in 1985 and quickly established himself as one of the premier investigative reporters in the United States. Focusing on government corruption and as a watchdog for Houstonians, Wayne's reporting led to millions of taxpayer dollars being saved, as well as numerous government officials criminally investigated for possible wrongdoing.
Some of his recent investigations concluded with the resignation of Harris County Commissioner Jerry Eversole and the recent indictment of Harris County Constable Victor Trevino.
Wayne's body of work has resulted in several dozen Emmy Awards, including five for his recent investigation of several Harris County constable offices.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident