Sundays at 11:30am, "Viva Houston" highlights the rich presence of our Hispanic culture
"Viva Houston" celebrates the vibrant Hispanic culture as well as the strong presence of Houston's Hispanic heritage. Dedicated to addressing the many issues and concerns of this rapidly growing segment, Viva Houston has tackled interviews extending from breaking news stories such as the ongoing dialogue of immigration issues.
"Viva Houston" serves as the only voice of the fast-growing and long-standing Latino community of Greater Houston. For years, it has spread awareness and fills the need for a culture wanting to focus on issues important to this unique group in very unique ways. Viva is also an education tool...teaching the public the contributions of a people who've been here long before the Texas Revolution. Viva Houston! - most of all, puts a face on a community that at times feels invisible and sheds light on a cultural force that is demanding to be heard.
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Will Pearland mom be named most 'unstoppable' today?
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale