Sundays at 11:30am, "Viva Houston" highlights the rich presence of our Hispanic culture
"Viva Houston" celebrates the vibrant Hispanic culture as well as the strong presence of Houston's Hispanic heritage. Dedicated to addressing the many issues and concerns of this rapidly growing segment, Viva Houston has tackled interviews extending from breaking news stories such as the ongoing dialogue of immigration issues.
"Viva Houston" serves as the only voice of the fast-growing and long-standing Latino community of Greater Houston. For years, it has spread awareness and fills the need for a culture wanting to focus on issues important to this unique group in very unique ways. Viva is also an education tool...teaching the public the contributions of a people who've been here long before the Texas Revolution. Viva Houston! - most of all, puts a face on a community that at times feels invisible and sheds light on a cultural force that is demanding to be heard.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home