On the first Sunday of each month at 11:00am, "City View" focuses on issues impacting the community as a whole
"City View" is our general issues program and runs the gamut in issues and hot topics. Discussing the economical impact of the Port of Houston to how city budget cuts affected a children's health insurance program, City View takes issues "straight from the headlines" and goes a step further to examine the human impact these topics have on the community. Emmy award winning Reporter and Anchor Art Rascon was a former CBS correspondent and has covered major events across the globe. Art is an advocate for education and has founded the Rascon Charity for Children.
"The value of the Community Close up Programs is clear: This is an opportunity to focus on issues that deal with the increasingly changing demographics of Houston and the metropolitan area. The community programs offer an avenue for a voice to be heard outside of the 12-second sound bite it might receive on the evening news. These programs have dedicated time to deal with a variety of community issues that clearly educate the public at large. The worth of these programs is really immeasurable."
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!