On the first Sunday of each month at 11:00am, "City View" focuses on issues impacting the community as a whole
"City View" is our general issues program and runs the gamut in issues and hot topics. Discussing the economical impact of the Port of Houston to how city budget cuts affected a children's health insurance program, City View takes issues "straight from the headlines" and goes a step further to examine the human impact these topics have on the community. Emmy award winning Reporter and Anchor Art Rascon was a former CBS correspondent and has covered major events across the globe. Art is an advocate for education and has founded the Rascon Charity for Children.
"The value of the Community Close up Programs is clear: This is an opportunity to focus on issues that deal with the increasingly changing demographics of Houston and the metropolitan area. The community programs offer an avenue for a voice to be heard outside of the 12-second sound bite it might receive on the evening news. These programs have dedicated time to deal with a variety of community issues that clearly educate the public at large. The worth of these programs is really immeasurable."
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat 40 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery