Souper Bowl of Caring food drive
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- H-E-B, Kroger and Randalls teamed up for the second year for "Souper Bowl of Caring - Greater Houston Food Drive"
The food drive will kick off on Thursday, January 10, at Reliant Stadium, and run through Super Bowl Sunday, February 3, 2008.
During this time, customers can purchase a pre-packaged food bag to donate or make a cash donation at one of the 209 participating H-E-B, Kroger and Randalls grocery stores, with proceeds benefiting the Houston Food Bank and End Hunger Network. Together, these organizations serve 400 hunger relief agencies throughout the Gulf Coast Region. A goal has been set to raise two million pounds of food.
The Souper Bowl of Caring is a nationwide, grassroots movement of caring utilizing Super Bowl weekend to mobilize youth to fight hunger and poverty in their local communities.
Kick Off Event
Thursday, Jan. 10, 2008
Reliant Stadium (Near Budweiser Plaza)
One Reliant Park, Houston, Texas 77054
Thursday, Jan. 10 - Sunday, Feb. 3, 2008
Greater Houston H-E-B, Kroger and Randalls Stores
For more information on participating stores, group participation and/or volunteer opportunities, please call the Souper Bowl of Caring hotline at 713-547-8683 or visit the website at SouperBowl.org
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat 14 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery