Movie Nite on the Strand
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Saengerfest Park, 23rd & Strand
Galveston's Historic Downtown Strand District
For more information, 1-888-GAL-ISLE or www.galveston.com
Galveston Island's Historic Downtown District now has even more to enjoy with the addition of Movie Nite on The Strand at Saengerfest Park, 23rd and Strand. The first movie is scheduled on Saturday, March 22, and then a different movie will be shown the first Saturday of each month throughout the summer.
Movie Nite on the Strand, beginning at 7:30 p.m., is the newest family oriented attraction for visitors to enjoy in the The Strand Historic Downtown District, along with a variety of shops, antique stores, art galleries, museums and restaurants.
The premier movie is 1986 comedy, Ferris Bueller's Day Off starring Mathew Broderick as Ferris Bueller in the prime of high school times. Ferris is a street-wise kid who knows all the tricks. He entices his best friends, Cameron and Sloane to cut classes and join him to see the sights. Cameron is reluctantly persuaded to borrow his father's Ferrari, and together they hatch a plan to get Sloane out of class. Suspicious dean of students Ed Rooney knows all about Ferris, but can never catch him. Ferris' sister, Jeanie, is also frustrated that Ferris always gets away with his tricks because he is an 'angel' in his parent's eyes. It's Ferris' day off, he's out to enjoy himself, and he does.
A variety of movies are scheduled for the first Saturday of each month; the second film will show April 5 at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free. Visitors are encouraged to bring a lawn chair.
For a complete schedule of movie dates and times please visit www.galveston.com or call 1-888-GAL-ISLE.
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County 33 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 18 min ago
- Man says found treasure should be his 9 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southwest Houston 13 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park 48 min ago
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation 36 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos
- Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor...
32 min ago
- Take a trip to Santa's Town
27 min ago