Galveston Island hosts bird tour event
GALVESTON, TX -- Galveston Island is turning into a bird lover's dream.
Galveston FeatherFest and Grand Kids Festival will fill the Historic Downtown Stand District this weekend. The sixth annual FeatherFest starts today and runs through Sunday. It's taking place at Saengerfest Park.
Every year more than 300 bird species can be spotted in the wild on Galveston Island. FeatherFest April 3 - 6 is a celebration of this unique bird watching opportunity. Whether you're a bird enthusiast or just a casual observer, this annual event is worth checking out.
People who register for the event can choose from a list of outdoor events including guided visits to key birding locations and indoor events such as photography workshops and seminars on a variety of subjects.
There are also several other events for the entire family. For details on Galveston Island events or beach information please visit www.galveston.com or call 1-888-GAL-ISLE.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped 25 min ago
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Holiday mail, shipping: You're running out of time! 4 min ago
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera 19 min ago
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer 45 min ago
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Coach accused of tattooing a minor