Galveston Island hosts bird tour event
GALVESTON, TX -- Galveston Island is turning into a bird lover's dream.
Galveston FeatherFest and Grand Kids Festival will fill the Historic Downtown Stand District this weekend. The sixth annual FeatherFest starts today and runs through Sunday. It's taking place at Saengerfest Park.
Every year more than 300 bird species can be spotted in the wild on Galveston Island. FeatherFest April 3 - 6 is a celebration of this unique bird watching opportunity. Whether you're a bird enthusiast or just a casual observer, this annual event is worth checking out.
People who register for the event can choose from a list of outdoor events including guided visits to key birding locations and indoor events such as photography workshops and seminars on a variety of subjects.
There are also several other events for the entire family. For details on Galveston Island events or beach information please visit www.galveston.com or call 1-888-GAL-ISLE.
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies 46 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game