Mardi Gras kicks off this weekend
GALVESTON, TX -- Galveston is counting on a lot of visitors this weekend for Mardi Gras.
The 98th annual Mardi Gras festivities start today and run through Fat Tuesday on February 24th. The island will celebrate with parades, food, live entertainment and bead throwing.
The first parade is tomorrow at noon on the Seawall. Access roads between 10th and 69th Streets will be barricaded from 10:30 in the morning until 10pm.
The downtown entertainment district closes to traffic this evening and The Strand will be open for pedestrians only from Harborside to Mechanic.
For more information on Mardi Gras! Galveston, Click Here
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse 4 min ago
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Big quake strikes off N. California, no tsunami threat 40 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 20 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Two charged in death of North Texas student 36 min ago
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire