Group urges TX to promote more solar power use
AUSTIN, TX -- Environmentalists and more than 80 business leaders are urging Texas officials to do more to promote more solar power in the state.The Go Solar Texas coalition released a letter Wednesday to Gov. Rick Perry proposing ways to expand solar power capacity in the state. The group also released a report on how Texas businesses would benefit from a significant state solar program -- noting that two solar businesses have already fled for states with better incentives.
The Public Utility Commission is considering a rule to require electric companies to obtain 500 megawatts of electricity from solar energy and other emerging renewable technologies by the year 2015. That's about the size of one coal-fired power plant.
- HISD to repurpose Jones HS; considers Dodson's fate 2 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live chat about blood donations
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 33 min ago
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home