Big rig spills molasses on road
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- An 18-wheeler wreck caused quite a sticky situation during rush hour in Sugar Land.
A big rig carrying molasses overturned near the intersection of Highway 6 and Highway 59. The sweet stuff leaked all over the road. Officials say the truck was carrying at least 5,000 gallons of molasses.
Highway 6 southbound lanes and southbound lanes of the Highway 59 feeder road were completely blocked. Traffic was diverted around the mess for nearly eight hours. hours.
Emergency crews did take the truck driver to the hospital with minor injuries.
Police plan to cite him for driving at an unsafe speed. Officers also say his company will have to pay for the clean up.
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos