Big rig spills molasses on road
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- An 18-wheeler wreck caused quite a sticky situation during rush hour in Sugar Land.
A big rig carrying molasses overturned near the intersection of Highway 6 and Highway 59. The sweet stuff leaked all over the road. Officials say the truck was carrying at least 5,000 gallons of molasses.
Highway 6 southbound lanes and southbound lanes of the Highway 59 feeder road were completely blocked. Traffic was diverted around the mess for nearly eight hours. hours.
Emergency crews did take the truck driver to the hospital with minor injuries.
Police plan to cite him for driving at an unsafe speed. Officers also say his company will have to pay for the clean up.
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan
- Houston's cardinal to attend pope's...
57 min ago