Alleged drunk driver in fatal wreck last week in Tomball makes court appearance
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman accused of driving drunk and causing a deadly accident in Tomball made her first court appearance on Monday.
Amanda Woods is charged with intoxication manslaughter and two counts of intoxication assault. Police say on April 5, the 22-year-old Woods got off work at a bar in Humble, had some drinks then got behind the wheel of her truck.
Woods later wound up crashing into two vehicles on Tomball Parkway at Boudreaux Road, killing one person, and injuring two others. Prosecutors say her blood alcohol content from the hospital blood draw was .20 -- more than two times the legal limit.
A judge Monday lowered Woods' bonds on the two assault charges from $30,000 to $15,000, but kept the bond at $30,000 on the manslaughter charge.
Woods was arrested five years ago for evading arrest.
tomball, houston traffic
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for northern counties
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- Live: Share Your Holidays Food Drive 31 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Ice storm in North Texas cuts power to more than 250K 38 min ago
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos