I-10 reopens at I-45 after big rig wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A traffic mess during Friday afternoon rush hour has finally cleared.
Starting at shortly after 4pm, all lanes of I-10 eastbound were closed down at Houston Ave. approaching I-45 due to a disabled tractor trailer with a lost load.
The big rig struck the Houston Ave. bridge, causing the truck's load to shift. TxDOT responded to the scene to remove the lost load and check the integrity of the bridge before the lanes were finally re-opened nearly two hours later.
The Houston Ave. bridge was still open during the incident.
Traffic had been backed up in the area through the rush period and travelers were urged to consider taking an alternate route.
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting 3 min ago
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Marine's body sent home without heart 1 min ago
- Aaron Hernandez: Life in jail less stressful 49 min ago
- Canadian airline granting Christmas wishes 17 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake' 32 min ago
- Marine reels in great white while fishing on beach 23 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Want to buy pot, legally? Head to Uruguay 16 min ago
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- David Tillman's Wednesday weather forecast
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos