I-10 reopens at I-45 after big rig wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A traffic mess during Friday afternoon rush hour has finally cleared.
Starting at shortly after 4pm, all lanes of I-10 eastbound were closed down at Houston Ave. approaching I-45 due to a disabled tractor trailer with a lost load.
The big rig struck the Houston Ave. bridge, causing the truck's load to shift. TxDOT responded to the scene to remove the lost load and check the integrity of the bridge before the lanes were finally re-opened nearly two hours later.
The Houston Ave. bridge was still open during the incident.
Traffic had been backed up in the area through the rush period and travelers were urged to consider taking an alternate route.
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 12 min ago
- HISD to decide fate of 2 schools at risk of closure
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Church offering drive-through prayers 7 min ago
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
41 min ago