Repair work shuts down I-10 this weekend
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- You may need to find a different way around town this weekend because of a major closure on the East Freeway.
All eastbound lanes of I-10 between the Eastex Freeway and Gregg Street are closed for construction. Crews are doing more bridge repair at Meadow Street. The freeway will remain shut down through 5am Monday.
Keep in mind that if you are on the Eastex Freeway going north, you will not be allowed to get into the ramp to I-10 East. You can expect heavy delays in the area, so you may want to avoid it if possible.
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Alleged drug money seized in Liberty County
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption