Road work will have part of I-10 near downtown shut down
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's repair work to be done on I-10 and that means a big traffic alert you'll want to know about.
All of the westbound lanes of I-10 at Waco Street will be shut down over the weekend so that crews can make repairs to the Waco Street Bridge. The bridge, which is east of downtown, was damaged in December when it was struck by an over-height truck.
The closure will begin Friday at 9pm and will stay stay shut down until Monday at 5am. Drivers heading westbound will be detoured to the frontage road and through the intersection where they can re-enter the freeway.
Other closures to complete the repair work include the following.
- IH 10 East Freeway eastbound at Waco a single mainline will be closed beginning Friday, January 18 at 9 p.m. until Saturday, January 19 at 3 p.m.
- IH 10 East Freeway westbound entrance ramp from Lockwood will be closed beginning Friday, January 18 at 9pm until Saturday, January 19 at 3pm. Detour to the IH 10 East Freeway westbound entrance ramp from Waco.
- Waco Street southbound at IH 10 East Freeway will be closed beginning Friday, January 18 at 9pm until Monday, January 21 at 5am. Detour to the IH 10 East Freeway westbound entrance ramp from Waco to the IH 10 East Freeway westbound mainlanes. Exit at Gregg Street and take a left to go south on Gregg, then take a left to go east on the IH 10 East Freeway. Continue eastbound to the Waco Street exit to Waco southbound.
- Waco Street northbound at IH 10 East Freeway will be closed beginning Friday, January 18 at 9pm until Monday, January 21 at 5am. Detour to the IH 10 East Freeway eastbound frontage road to Lockwood. Take a left on left on Lockwood, left on the IH 10 East Freeway westbound frontage road to Waco northbound.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 10 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes 54 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market 21 min ago
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier