Traffic Update: North Loop westbound exit to 59 northbound reopens
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A traffic alert has cleared on the north side after an overturned big rig had an exit ramp closed for hours this morning.
It happened at around 2:30 this morning. The 610 North Loop westbound ramp to the 59 Eastex northbound had been closed due to an overturned 18-wheeler with a fuel spill.
All lanes were blocked under 59, as well as the exit ramp to 59 northbound. Westbound traffic was being forced to exit 59 southbound.
The wreck was eventually cleared and the exit ramp finally reopened shortly after 6:30am.
Earlier, firefighters were called in to help the driver. Rescue crews were able to open the vehicle and free the big rig driver. He walked over to a waiting stretcher, and laid down on his own.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Video: Pope Francis stirs up a little controversy
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Club's opening night ends in deadly gunfire
- Man wants to remove 'murder' tattoo before murder trial
- Boy, 9, sang gospel until abductor released him
- Child left sleeping on Pasadena ISD school bus
- Driver ends up in San Antonio swimming pool
- Newborn tips scales at 14.5 pounds
- Cabbies compete for ride business
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos