Traffic Update: North Loop westbound exit to 59 northbound reopens
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A traffic alert has cleared on the north side after an overturned big rig had an exit ramp closed for hours this morning.
It happened at around 2:30 this morning. The 610 North Loop westbound ramp to the 59 Eastex northbound had been closed due to an overturned 18-wheeler with a fuel spill.
All lanes were blocked under 59, as well as the exit ramp to 59 northbound. Westbound traffic was being forced to exit 59 southbound.
The wreck was eventually cleared and the exit ramp finally reopened shortly after 6:30am.
Earlier, firefighters were called in to help the driver. Rescue crews were able to open the vehicle and free the big rig driver. He walked over to a waiting stretcher, and laid down on his own.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 49 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places 2 min ago
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 10 min ago
- Man dancing on power pole in Oxnard lifted... 8 min ago
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged