Traffic Update: North Loop westbound exit to 59 northbound reopens
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A traffic alert has cleared on the north side after an overturned big rig had an exit ramp closed for hours this morning.
It happened at around 2:30 this morning. The 610 North Loop westbound ramp to the 59 Eastex northbound had been closed due to an overturned 18-wheeler with a fuel spill.
All lanes were blocked under 59, as well as the exit ramp to 59 northbound. Westbound traffic was being forced to exit 59 southbound.
The wreck was eventually cleared and the exit ramp finally reopened shortly after 6:30am.
Earlier, firefighters were called in to help the driver. Rescue crews were able to open the vehicle and free the big rig driver. He walked over to a waiting stretcher, and laid down on his own.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore' 24 min ago
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night 29 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in Montrose-area hit-and-run 19 min ago
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck 8 min ago
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters 48 min ago
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- Ohio murder suspect nabbed at Houston buffet restaurant
- Thief steals man's pants and shoots him
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations