Traffic Update: North Loop westbound exit to 59 northbound reopens
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A traffic alert has cleared on the north side after an overturned big rig had an exit ramp closed for hours this morning.
It happened at around 2:30 this morning. The 610 North Loop westbound ramp to the 59 Eastex northbound had been closed due to an overturned 18-wheeler with a fuel spill.
All lanes were blocked under 59, as well as the exit ramp to 59 northbound. Westbound traffic was being forced to exit 59 southbound.
The wreck was eventually cleared and the exit ramp finally reopened shortly after 6:30am.
Earlier, firefighters were called in to help the driver. Rescue crews were able to open the vehicle and free the big rig driver. He walked over to a waiting stretcher, and laid down on his own.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course