Traffic Update: North Loop westbound exit to 59 northbound reopens
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A traffic alert has cleared on the north side after an overturned big rig had an exit ramp closed for hours this morning.
It happened at around 2:30 this morning. The 610 North Loop westbound ramp to the 59 Eastex northbound had been closed due to an overturned 18-wheeler with a fuel spill.
All lanes were blocked under 59, as well as the exit ramp to 59 northbound. Westbound traffic was being forced to exit 59 southbound.
The wreck was eventually cleared and the exit ramp finally reopened shortly after 6:30am.
Earlier, firefighters were called in to help the driver. Rescue crews were able to open the vehicle and free the big rig driver. He walked over to a waiting stretcher, and laid down on his own.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- New Houston light rail line opens for business 28 min ago
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Video: Wind damage in River Oaks area