Stuck big rig gets reverse trip on I-45
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A too-tall big rig that struck an overpass near downtown caused a lunch-time traffic mess, closing all northbound lanes of I-45 while officials got it out of the way.
The 18-wheeler became stuck under the overpass for West Dallas at 11am. All northbound lanes of I-45 were shut down, as were connecting ramps, while officials backed the truck out of its position. The truck took an unusual trip in reverse all the way to the Highway 59 interchange.
All lanes were reopened at noon.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 13 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- CVS could face millions in fines for missing painkillers 26 min ago
- Students charged after dog forced to drink beer 22 min ago
- California pushes to finish driverless car rules 18 min ago
- AP source: Justice department probing GM recall 10 min ago
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
50 min ago