Stuck big rig gets reverse trip on I-45
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A too-tall big rig that struck an overpass near downtown caused a lunch-time traffic mess, closing all northbound lanes of I-45 while officials got it out of the way.
The 18-wheeler became stuck under the overpass for West Dallas at 11am. All northbound lanes of I-45 were shut down, as were connecting ramps, while officials backed the truck out of its position. The truck took an unusual trip in reverse all the way to the Highway 59 interchange.
All lanes were reopened at noon.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown 11 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 25 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case