Motorcyclist killed in wreck on Southwest Freeway near Bellfort
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Several southbound lanes of Highway 59 at West Bellort were closed for hours Thursday because of a fatal motorcycle accident.
The accident happened around 11:30am. According to witnesses, the 49-year-old victim was riding his motorcycle at a high rate of speed and erratically changing lanes. He hit the back of a Chevy pickup, lost control and was ejected. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say there are no indications driver of the pickup was impaired and no charges will be filed.
Four main lanes were shut down during the investigation, as was the frontage road. They've been re-opened.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death 51 min ago
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay 54 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!