Motorcyclist killed in wreck on Southwest Freeway near Bellfort
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Several southbound lanes of Highway 59 at West Bellort were closed for hours Thursday because of a fatal motorcycle accident.
The accident happened around 11:30am. According to witnesses, the 49-year-old victim was riding his motorcycle at a high rate of speed and erratically changing lanes. He hit the back of a Chevy pickup, lost control and was ejected. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say there are no indications driver of the pickup was impaired and no charges will be filed.
Four main lanes were shut down during the investigation, as was the frontage road. They've been re-opened.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 34 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 40 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?