Wreck involving gas tanker shuts down all lanes of 610 East Loop at Clinton
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Part of the 610 East Loop was open again this morning after a fiery crash involving a gas tanker shut down part of that highway for more than eight hours.
The wreck happened in the northbound lanes at Clinton around 4:20pm. According to officials, the tanker truck slammed into a car near the Ship Channel Bridge, causing the truck to flip over and burst into flames.
After the fire was out, crews realized the truck was leaking fuel.
A long line of drivers was stuck behind the accident for hours as firefighters cleaned up the scene. Houston Fire Department authorities said crews had to offload the gas that was being carried by the tanker before they could get the truck out of the way.
Both drivers involved escaped without injuries.
The cause of the wreck is still under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse 20 min ago
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos