TRAFFIC ALERT: Construction on 290; rail stations closed
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are a couple of traffic alerts to pass along.
Two westbound lanes of 290 between Gessner and the Beltway are closed until 5pm today due to construction. Authorities say there will be major delays in this area because only one lane will be open instead of the usual three.
And if you rely on METRO rail to get around, you'll might want to find alternate transportation. That's because all rail stations will be closed for construction and maintenance.
METRO will have shuttle busses that will run every 10 minutes between rail stations, but the shuttle busses will take longer than the METRO rail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 33 min ago
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl 10 min ago
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 31 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students