TRAFFIC ALERT: Construction on 290; rail stations closed
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are a couple of traffic alerts to pass along.
Two westbound lanes of 290 between Gessner and the Beltway are closed until 5pm today due to construction. Authorities say there will be major delays in this area because only one lane will be open instead of the usual three.
And if you rely on METRO rail to get around, you'll might want to find alternate transportation. That's because all rail stations will be closed for construction and maintenance.
METRO will have shuttle busses that will run every 10 minutes between rail stations, but the shuttle busses will take longer than the METRO rail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow 57 min ago
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter... 45 min ago
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad 33 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
45 min ago