DPS: Alzheimer's patient fatally struck on North Freeway
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- An Alzheimer's patient was struck and killed while trying to cross I-45 in The Woodlands this morning.
It happened around 5:30am on the North Freeway southbound just past Woodlands Parkway. DPS officials say the deceased man, who they tell us lives in the area, was struck while pushing a trash can.
"An investigation reveals he did cross Interstate 45 traveling westbound and was struck in the number 2 lane," said a DPS official on the scene.
Traffic in the area is impacted during the police investigation. As an alternate, exit at Highway 242 westbound to Gosling Rd southbound, then Woodlands Parkway eastbound back to I-45.
We're monitoring the very latest on this situation an Eyewitness News, abc13.com and our mobile news apps.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
Also SeeMore:Houston Transtar JamCams
More:Live Houston-area traffic map
More:More traffic coverage
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston