Snowfall expected in northern communities
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you put away the sweaters and jackets when this weekend's warm weather arrived, you may have acted too soon. Winter weather is making sure you don't get too comfortable just yet.Weather today is chilly and breezy, but quiet. A potent winter storm is dumping heavy snow and rain today in the southwestern United States. That wintry storm moves east and into our area during the day tomorrow.
A Winter Storm Watch is already posted for Tuesday for northern parts of southeast Texas. Some locations will see two to four inches of snow tomorrow.
Some locations in the watch include Bryan, College Station, Caldwell, Conroe, The Woodlands, Willis, Navasota, Madisonville, Livingston, Coldspring, Huntsville, Brenham and Trinity. Houston and Galveston are not included in the Winter Storm Watch.
Most areas from Houston south towards the coast will see a cold rain on Tuesday. Some light snow is possible, even for the Houston metro area tomorrow afternoon and evening. Temperatures will approach the freezing mark both Tuesday night and again, Wednesday night.
weather, casey curry
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home