Snowfall expected in northern communities
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you put away the sweaters and jackets when this weekend's warm weather arrived, you may have acted too soon. Winter weather is making sure you don't get too comfortable just yet.Weather today is chilly and breezy, but quiet. A potent winter storm is dumping heavy snow and rain today in the southwestern United States. That wintry storm moves east and into our area during the day tomorrow.
A Winter Storm Watch is already posted for Tuesday for northern parts of southeast Texas. Some locations will see two to four inches of snow tomorrow.
Some locations in the watch include Bryan, College Station, Caldwell, Conroe, The Woodlands, Willis, Navasota, Madisonville, Livingston, Coldspring, Huntsville, Brenham and Trinity. Houston and Galveston are not included in the Winter Storm Watch.
Most areas from Houston south towards the coast will see a cold rain on Tuesday. Some light snow is possible, even for the Houston metro area tomorrow afternoon and evening. Temperatures will approach the freezing mark both Tuesday night and again, Wednesday night.
weather, casey curry
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston