More rain expected this weekend across southeast Texas
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Keep the umbrella handy for the next few days.
Plenty of moisture, warm temperatures and a couple of fronts will keep our weather unsettled through the weekend. The biggest threats will be brief heavy rain, dangerous lightning and even weak funnel clouds or waterspouts. No warnings are currently in place.
Some of our Eyewitness Storm Spotters have picked up over an inch of rain Thursday. While some minor street flooding has been reported during the downpours, there have been no widespread problems.
A weak front will move in on Friday, providing the focus for more heavy thundershowers. Another 1-2 inches could fall in some neighborhoods.
The mid-levels of the atmosphere dries out a little on Saturday, which should allow a few peeks of sun to shine through the clouds. But a few more showers could still develop on Saturday and more rain is likely on Sunday.
You can see where it's raining now on our street-level interactive weather map, which includes radar, satellite, lightning strikes, and much more.
Thanks to more clouds and showers, highs for most of us will stay in the 80s into next week.
- Police: 2 dead after car crashes into crowd in Austin 29 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 6 people dead 25 min ago
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry 5 min ago
- Authorities investigating second auto-pedestrian in NW Harris...
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves 45 min ago
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 17 min ago
- George Zimmerman's parents suing Roseanne Barr
- Man steals SUV with child inside, carjacks two others
- Elementary school seeks to offer kids nutritious food