Latest details on flooding across SE Texas
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Heavy rains moving across the Houston area are bringing high water and localized flooding.
- 3:20pm: The Dekaney High School sub-varsity football games scheduled for today Oct. 31 against Atascocita have been canceled due to wet fields. This applies to the JV and sophomore game at Dekaney and the freshman game at Atascocita.
- 2:12pm: Dickinson High School: The ELO (Extended Learning Opportunities) tutorials and the school's Lighted Windows Open Doors tutorial sessions have both been cancelled for Thursday, October 31 due to continuing inclement weather. The Dickinson Diamonds Dance Team has also cancelled after-school practice.
The Dickinson High School freshman and junior varsity football games will be played with some slight changes. The freshman "A" game has been moved up to 4 p.m. and the freshman "B" game will start immediately following at approximately 5:30 p.m., both at Dickinson ISD's Sam Vitanza Stadium. The two junior varsity games, which originally were to be played in Clear Creek ISD, have been combined into one game and moved to Dickinson ISD's Sam Vitanza Stadium. The JV game will start immediately following the freshman B game at approximately 6:45 p.m.
McAdams Junior High: All after school activities at McAdams Junior High School today, Thursday, October 31, have been canceled due to forecasted inclement weather conditions and the National Weather Service Flood Warning for the area until 12:45 a.m. All students are encouraged to ride the bus home immediately after school. Parents who wish to pick up their child should do so by 3 p.m.
- 1:50pm: Due to rising water, the EA Smith Family YMCA on Highway 3 will be closed for the remainder of today, October 31. Hours will resume on Friday, November 1. All youth sports, both at the EA Smith Y and at off-site locations, have been cancelled for today. All children participating in YMCA After School from Ward Elementary will be transported by bus to Whitcomb Elementary.
- 1pm: Scream on the Green at Discovery Green has been canceled due to weather this year. Events like the costume contest will not be rescheduled.
- 12:53pm: Houston OEM: Flood Warning issued for Clear Creek and Bay Area Blvd
- 12:27pm: Houston Office of Emergency Management: I-45 southbound at Tidwell is flooded. Vehicles have been stalling out on Arlington and Tidwell. HPD is on scene.
- 11:59am: According to Pasadena ISD, all sub-varsity football games scheduled for today have been cancelled due to wet field conditions and the forecast of continued rain.
- 11:58am: From NWS: Rosenberg Police report hwy 90A underpass was closed due to high water
- 11:56am: Due to the continuing inclement weather, possible flooding and unsafe ground conditions at Centennial Park, the City of Pearland's Trick or Treat Trail event has been cancelled. Please note that this event has no reschedule date.
- 11:54am: From law enforcement via NWS chat: 16 miles east of Livingston in Polk County, Polk County Sheriffs report county line road and bridge at the confluence of Hickory Creek and Little Hickory is washed out and impassable due to the heavy rainfall. Radar estimates 2-5" amounts across the upstream watershed.
- 11:34am: All HISD after-school activities, including sports, are canceled for today. Schools will dismiss on time. Buses will run on schedule.
- 11:29am: Flood warning now in effect for South Mayde Creek at Addicks on the west side of Houston. "Minor" flooding expected.
- 11:08am: Friendswood: approx 1.8" rain has fallen in the past hour. Flash Flood warning in effect for northwestern Galveston county until 2pm
- 11:06am: Flash Flash Warning until 2pm for parts of Brazoria, Ft.Bend, Galveston & Harris counties, including Pasadena, Pearland, Alvin, Hobby Area
- 12:31pm: CenterPoint Energy is reporting 5,297 customers without lights.
- 9:48am: High water reported on I-10 East westbound at Lockwood Dr.
- 9:41am: HFD was called to a high water rescue in the 8200 block of Wednesbury Ln. at Tybor. A man was able to get out of his BMW, despite high water.
- 9:42am: High water reported at Garth Road and West Cedar Bayou in Baytown.
- 9:05am: High water has been reported by University of Houston at these locations: Elgin Blvd. at UH Entrance 18, Wheeler St. at UH Lot 4A near Calhoun, Wheeler St. between Scott St. and Cullen Blvd., Elgin Blvd. at the Spur 5 / I-45 underpass, UH Entrance 17 at UH Entrance 16. You are asked to limit travel through these areas.
- An 18-wheeler accident brought down power lines on FM 1092 at Highway 90 in Stafford. No injuries were reported.
- A couple of trees slammed into a trailer home in far northeast Harris County. It happened on FM 2100 at Blue Lake Drive. No injuries were reported.
- Shepherd ISD canceled classes today due to severe weather.
Download the ABC13 weather app so you can check the radar before you take the kids out to trick or treat for Halloween. The app uses the GPS built into your iPhone or Android smartphone to center the radar on your location. You can also get an hour-by-hour forecast to see when the rain should move out of the area.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death 18 min ago
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay 21 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
27 min ago