Thirty deaths being blamed on Hurricane Ike
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- At least 30 deaths are being blamed on Hurricane Ike in the Harris, Galveston, Montgomery and Brazoria Counties.
The Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office has confirmed that at least 20 people were killed due to Hurricane Ike in Galveston and Brazoria County. At this point, we don't know how those people died.
Meanwhile, the Harris County medical examiner confirmed that at least 10 deaths in the county were related to the storm. Three of those deaths were tree related, five from carbon monoxide and two in house fires.
The victims were identified as the following:
Keep your family safe this hurricane season. Check our complete tropical weather preparation guide
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Joy ride turns tragic for Conroe teens
- Two dead in NW Houston nursing home shooting 5 min ago
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes 46 min ago
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf
- Toddler flown to hospital after dog bit him in the face 40 min ago
- Woman says used car's sweet deal turned sour
- Volunteer fire chief dies while battling Brazoria Co. fire