Thirty deaths being blamed on Hurricane Ike
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- At least 30 deaths are being blamed on Hurricane Ike in the Harris, Galveston, Montgomery and Brazoria Counties.
The Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office has confirmed that at least 20 people were killed due to Hurricane Ike in Galveston and Brazoria County. At this point, we don't know how those people died.
Meanwhile, the Harris County medical examiner confirmed that at least 10 deaths in the county were related to the storm. Three of those deaths were tree related, five from carbon monoxide and two in house fires.
The victims were identified as the following:
Keep your family safe this hurricane season. Check our complete tropical weather preparation guide
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler 44 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke 40 min ago
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years 2 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.