Thirty deaths being blamed on Hurricane Ike
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- At least 30 deaths are being blamed on Hurricane Ike in the Harris, Galveston, Montgomery and Brazoria Counties.
The Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office has confirmed that at least 20 people were killed due to Hurricane Ike in Galveston and Brazoria County. At this point, we don't know how those people died.
Meanwhile, the Harris County medical examiner confirmed that at least 10 deaths in the county were related to the storm. Three of those deaths were tree related, five from carbon monoxide and two in house fires.
The victims were identified as the following:
Keep your family safe this hurricane season. Check our complete tropical weather preparation guide
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 13 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects