Eye on the Gulf: Remembering Carla and Allison
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Hurricane season is again upon us and as we look ahead and prepare, we are also looking back at the storms that have had an impact on southeast Texas.In our Eyewitness Weather special, we're looking back at two storms that left a lasting mark on the Houston area. First, there was Hurricane Carla, a Category 4 storm that devastated southeast Texas, a storm so powerful that many others are still compared to it today.
Then there was Tropical Storm Allison in 2001, a system that stayed over our area for five days, creating the Flood of a Lifetime.
In our Eyewitness Special that aired Sunday night, Chief Meteorologist Tim Heller and the rest of the Eyewitness Weather team looked back at those storms as we prepare for another hurricane season. Click play above on the four segments to view 'Eye on the Gulf: Remembering Carla and Allison.'
Keep your family safe this hurricane season. Check our complete tropical weather preparation guide
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer