City releases new online Storm Risk Calculator
HOUSTON -- You can now utilize a new online tool that will help you stay informed about the risk of hurricanes and tropical storms.
The city of Houston and Rice University unveiled the Storm Risk Calculator. The web-based tool allows residents to plug in their address and figure out the level of danger they face from damaging winds, storm surge, inland flooding and power outages.
The calculator compiles data from various sources then builds a picture of the risk each resident faces based on the characteristics of their neighborhood.
Keep your family safe this hurricane season. Check our complete tropical weather preparation guide
hurricane, hurricane central
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting
- High-water rescues reported in San Antonio area
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Scattered storms possible in our area this weekend
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris 4 min ago
- Coast Guard searching for missing 18-year-old swimmer 12 min ago
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboars, rides toy cars
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos