City releases new online Storm Risk Calculator
HOUSTON -- You can now utilize a new online tool that will help you stay informed about the risk of hurricanes and tropical storms.
The city of Houston and Rice University unveiled the Storm Risk Calculator. The web-based tool allows residents to plug in their address and figure out the level of danger they face from damaging winds, storm surge, inland flooding and power outages.
The calculator compiles data from various sources then builds a picture of the risk each resident faces based on the characteristics of their neighborhood.
Keep your family safe this hurricane season. Check our complete tropical weather preparation guide
hurricane, hurricane central
- Hwy 225 reopens following tanker accident
- Proposal to turn Astrodome into conference center 19 min ago
- Investigators want new probe of 1996 TWA crash 50 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Dickinson police asking for help to find missing man
- Don't they like the way he looks?
- Cypress teen Danielle Bradbery wins 'The Voice'
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases
- Texas tops US in number of lost, stolen firearms
- Feds: Men tried to make X-ray weapon
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos