Pasadena convention center to re-open
PASADENA, TX -- The city of Pasadena is making more progress on the road to recovery, as we approach the one year anniversary of Hurricane Ike.
Tonight, it will debut its newly renovated convention center, which was damaged during the storm. The center was used as a transfer station for evacuees with special needs in the days before the hurricane.
Renovations include a new electronic sign outside the center and a remodeled lobby, meeting room and main room.
Keep your family safe this hurricane season. Check our complete tropical weather preparation guide
- Child killed by falling tree branch 57 min ago
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- 3 shoplifting suspects nabbed after hour-long chase
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Dead man found tied up in home in Fort Bend County 38 min ago
- TV co-host dies in motorcycle crash 54 min ago
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Texans can still make the playoffs if...
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Woman warning others after car sale goes awry
- When fictional sex is bad, really bad
- Last day of warm before the temperatures drop
- Mom, 17, fatally stabbed while holding baby