Galveston events mark one year since Ike
GALVESTON, TX -- In Galveston, Hurricane Ike anniversary events today include daily remembrance concerts and a 'Salute to Galveston" pageant.
The pageants run daily through Sunday at the Moody Mansion Museum on Broadway. It goes from 11am until 3pm. The remembrance concerts start in the evening from 6:30pm until 8pm. They take place at a park on 23rd Street and the Strand.
The event includes chorale and dance groups.
Keep your family safe this hurricane season. Check our complete tropical weather preparation guide
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 10 min ago
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands 26 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress 25 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- No more ice, but cold weather continues