Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
Shape Up for Summer
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Summer is here and it's time to show off your shape, but if you're not ready to rock that bikini just yet, we've got the top calorie torchers to whittle your middle.
Losing weight is a matter of basic math. If you burn more calories than you take in, you shed pounds.
So it's time to get moving! Here are some of the top torchers you can count on to burn up extra weight.
To begin with, RUN! At five miles per hour you burn eight and a half calories a minute. Run six miles an hour and you'll zap ten-point-seven calories a minute. Do that for 30 minutes and you can say goodbye to more than 300 calories!
Spinning eats up 12-point-3 calories a minute. Taking your average 45 minute class could mean 553 calories burned&.add in a jump rope and you can torch a few more!
To really pack a fat-burning punch try high-intensity interval training. Choose your cardio and then alternate short bursts of intense activity with short slower periods of recovery. That can help you sizzle away extra calories three to four hours after your sweat session is over.
High-intensity interval training is intense-so you'll need to rest. Don't try it every day. Instead alternate with days of low-to-moderate intensity cardio.
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment 39 min ago
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 45 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos