Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
Facebook now competing with Google+
NEW YORK (WABC) -- In one corner, the social networking site with 750 million users. In the other, the search engine with the name that's become a verb in the 21st century lexicon.
Google Plus launched at the end of June with invitations to a select group of media and tech watchers. On the heels of that, Facebook joined forces with Skype for a video chatting feature that will be available to all users over the next few weeks.
It's the first, Facebook says, of a blitz of new features.
So, Facebook or Google? Is there enough room for both titans in the social networking game? For now, some tech watchers say, Facebook has safety in its numbers.
But the few who have gone beyond the Google+ velvet rope seem to "like" its multi-person video chats, called hangouts, meaning the best of this tech battle may be yet to come.
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos