Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
Facebook now competing with Google+
NEW YORK (WABC) -- In one corner, the social networking site with 750 million users. In the other, the search engine with the name that's become a verb in the 21st century lexicon.
Google Plus launched at the end of June with invitations to a select group of media and tech watchers. On the heels of that, Facebook joined forces with Skype for a video chatting feature that will be available to all users over the next few weeks.
It's the first, Facebook says, of a blitz of new features.
So, Facebook or Google? Is there enough room for both titans in the social networking game? For now, some tech watchers say, Facebook has safety in its numbers.
But the few who have gone beyond the Google+ velvet rope seem to "like" its multi-person video chats, called hangouts, meaning the best of this tech battle may be yet to come.
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 16 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC 18 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
16 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos