Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
Retailers cautious when hiring for this holiday season
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The slowdown in economic recovery could leave retailers cautious this holiday season, when it comes to adding much-needed seasonal jobs.
Among the major retailers, Toys R' Us already has announced plans to hire 40,000 seasonal workers. Macy's, 78,000. Outplacement firm challenger, Gray and Christmas expects that the discount retailers will add the most to their staffing ranks.
There also may be an increase in online shopping, or e-tailing. Perhaps meaning jobs outside of the traditional retail realm, in shipping, but in any seasonal job, flexibility is key.
FOLLOW EYEWITNESS NEWS FIRST AT 4:00 P.M. ON FACEBOOK
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 56 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos