Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
Retailers cautious when hiring for this holiday season
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The slowdown in economic recovery could leave retailers cautious this holiday season, when it comes to adding much-needed seasonal jobs.
Among the major retailers, Toys R' Us already has announced plans to hire 40,000 seasonal workers. Macy's, 78,000. Outplacement firm challenger, Gray and Christmas expects that the discount retailers will add the most to their staffing ranks.
There also may be an increase in online shopping, or e-tailing. Perhaps meaning jobs outside of the traditional retail realm, in shipping, but in any seasonal job, flexibility is key.
FOLLOW EYEWITNESS NEWS FIRST AT 4:00 P.M. ON FACEBOOK
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos