Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
7 Blocks around North Conduit Avenue station
OZONE PARK, New York (WABC) -- Taking a trip around 7 blocks near the North Conduit Avenue station in Ozone Park Queens.
The station itself is a little rundown, but the newest attraction to the area is right next door, and glittering with gold trim paint and fresh hope for the economy.
New York City's first casino is now open for business. Resorts World is actually called a "Racino" because it is connected to Aqueduct Racetrack and does not have human dealers, but instead use virtual dealers.
It features 5,000 video gambling terminals and some 200 electronic table games, including craps and roulette.
"It's very nice. With us living so closely, we only come for about a half hour, hour at a time. So you can come any time," said Beluah Johnson.
Right next to it is the historic Aqueduct Racetrack. Racing returned on November 4th and lasts until April 28th. It also simulcasts races from other tracks.
In 1995, Pope John Paul II said mass here before a crowd of 75,000 people.
At the edge of 7 blocks away is the beginning boundary of the busiest airport into the United States, JFK..
Also just over 7 blocks away is the start of Cross Bay Boulevard into Howard Beach. It is a bustling corridor lined with shops and restaurants. Sugar bun is among the favorites, with sandwiches and pastries to satisfy all tastes.
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos