Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
Couples holiday spending
It's supposed to be a time of year when everyone's happy, but factor in the economy, shopping and gift decisions, the holidays can take a toll on couples.
A survey from the couples website, the-nest-dot-com found: 69 percent of couples said they create a budget together at the start of the season, but 73 percent of women said they do the bulk of the holiday shopping. Forty-two percent of women said they wish their spouse would do more to help during the holidays. And couples that seemed the most stress-free were the ones making a team effort.
They go out with a mentality of this is what we are buying and this is how much we are spending. They don't shop for themselves but they shop for everyone on their list.
And when it comes to that list, one group in particular seems to cause stress.
Stress comes primarily from the in-laws according to couples.
Sixty-two percent of women surveyed said their in-laws are the most difficult people to shop for. So perhaps men should shop for their family, and women for theirs, to take some stress out of the mix.
- Gunman dead in shooting at Colorado high school 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 25 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert 19 min ago
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 6 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport 11 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 11 min ago
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos