Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
New technology eases the hassles of dressing rooms
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Imagine trying on a new outfit without ever stepping into a dressing room or interacting with a store associate. If it sounds like the shopping experience of the future, the future isn't so far off. It's the premise of a new option for shoppers called "Style-Me".
Retailers know consumers like certain features of online and mobile shopping, like product information and user-generated reviews. Now, merchants are looking at technology that integrates a lot of that with the in-store experience.
Intel developed this in-store kiosk with Macy's, giving customers freedom to explore products on their own, with a sales associate to help make the sale. The innovation responds to smart consumers who have more options than ever to research a purchase.
With a still sluggish economy, a happy customer makes a happy retailer too.
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 38 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC 40 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 10 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
38 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos