Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
Toni Braxton raises Autism Awareness during Fashion Week
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Toni Braxton is a 6 time Grammy Award winning singer and song writer.
She is also a mom of two children, one of which suffers from autism.
It's a diagnosis that effects an entire family.
Braxton is now using her celebrity name to help bring awareness to the disorder.
"I remember thinking it was so my fault some friends said we are not victims. I want people to know if you have a special needs or autistic child you're not alone," she said.
And now she is once again raising awareness for Autism. As part of Fashion Week 2012, Toni has teamed up with the creators of sheknows.com, a website dedicated to women. Their new creative campaign is called "she knows -where's the other sock?"
Using 729 socks, project runway designer Michael Costello designed a high fashion dress.
Unveiled tonight and auctioned off later this spring, together with an autographed pair of jeweled Jimmy Choo's and a diamond and sapphire necklace, all the money raised will go to the organization Autism Speaks.
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos