Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
Toni Braxton raises Autism Awareness during Fashion Week
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Toni Braxton is a 6 time Grammy Award winning singer and song writer.
She is also a mom of two children, one of which suffers from autism.
It's a diagnosis that effects an entire family.
Braxton is now using her celebrity name to help bring awareness to the disorder.
"I remember thinking it was so my fault some friends said we are not victims. I want people to know if you have a special needs or autistic child you're not alone," she said.
And now she is once again raising awareness for Autism. As part of Fashion Week 2012, Toni has teamed up with the creators of sheknows.com, a website dedicated to women. Their new creative campaign is called "she knows -where's the other sock?"
Using 729 socks, project runway designer Michael Costello designed a high fashion dress.
Unveiled tonight and auctioned off later this spring, together with an autographed pair of jeweled Jimmy Choo's and a diamond and sapphire necklace, all the money raised will go to the organization Autism Speaks.
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos