Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
Stress relieving tips
NEW YORK, NY (WABC) -- Laughter, exercise and enjoying someone's company all have one thing in common. They may help reduce stress.
Tip number one is learning to relax.
It's as simple as breathing deeper, slower and more regular. Anyone can do it at their desk or in the car, or whenever they think about it.
Another way to calm the mind and body is through daily meditation.
Though it's hard to fit into the day, exercising is a great stress reliever. A brisk half-hour walk or other form of exercise can relieve tension and elevate someone's mood.
And what else should be added to the list of stress-busters?
Learning how to relax and manage stress takes work, but knowing it is worth the effort and may help prevent future health issues.
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting
- Tornadoes slam Midwest; 1 dead in Oklahoma
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Tipping dispute leads to assault outside LI nightclub 29 min ago
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey 55 min ago
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner 57 min ago
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Metro North train collision to affect...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos