Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
Stress relieving tips
NEW YORK, NY (WABC) -- Laughter, exercise and enjoying someone's company all have one thing in common. They may help reduce stress.
Tip number one is learning to relax.
It's as simple as breathing deeper, slower and more regular. Anyone can do it at their desk or in the car, or whenever they think about it.
Another way to calm the mind and body is through daily meditation.
Though it's hard to fit into the day, exercising is a great stress reliever. A brisk half-hour walk or other form of exercise can relieve tension and elevate someone's mood.
And what else should be added to the list of stress-busters?
Learning how to relax and manage stress takes work, but knowing it is worth the effort and may help prevent future health issues.
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 6 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 32 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos