Eyewitness News First At 4:00 P.M
Learning from man's best friend
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Have you ever noticed how your dog is always happy and well rested, never stressed out?
Maybe it's time we learned some healthy habits and life lessons from man's best friend.
You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but there are many healthy tricks your dog can teach you. First, get outside and play
"If you look at your dogs they want to be let out all of the time. They want to run, they want to use their legs and build their muscles, build their endurance and get all of that energy out," said Dr. Emma Raizman, with Cleveland Clinic.
And if they're hot and thirsty they always stop and re-hydrate.
And dogs are also really good at doing absolutely nothing, a great lesson on how to relax.
Your pooch can also teach you about portion control.
You give your pet the same amount of food every day and a treat every now and then, good diet advice for humans too.
And while you may feel unappreciated by your partner or friends, your dog is always happy to see you-- they never hold back their love and affection, which is good advice for a healthier relationship.
"To show gratitude and appreciation for the people that they're with and the people that they love. You know when you come home your dog is wagging their tail, they're happy to see you, and they don't hold it in. They just let all of their emotions show," adds Dr. Emma Raizman.
And if something doesn't feel right, follow your gut and speak up!
And when everything goes wrong, shake it off and move on.
And dogs never seem to hold a grudge a good lesson on forgiveness which is proven in people to lessen anxiety and depression.
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos