Teen found with throat slashed in Queens
CAMBRIA HEIGHTS -- Police are investigating the brutal death of a 14-year-old girl apparently found nude with her throat slashed inside her Queens home.
The murder happened in Cambria Heights.
Sources say the teen was discovered just after 1 p.m. by her father, who immediately called police. She has been identified as Sabrina Matthews.
Police set up a crime scene and were interviewing neighbors. There is no word on any suspects.
Neighbors say Sabrina was a good kid who moved with her family from Brooklyn to the Cambria Heights area a few years ago.
Fifteen-year-old neighbor Cheyenne Champagne says Sabrina was a sweet girl who hung out with her, ate junk food and talked about boys.
Police say they have records of three domestic incident reports at Sabrina's home, but there's no history of child welfare agency involvement there.
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation