New York News
Super Bowl 'Darth Vader kid' visits NYC
NEW YORK (WABC) -- He's the pint-sized kid who stole the Super Bowl show and America's heart. But who is the boy behind the Darth Vader mask?
Eyewitness News met 6-year-old Max Page on Broadway Monday night, still trying to channel the force.
Truth be told, Max, a child actor from California, has never seen any of the "Star Wars" movies.
"Yeah, it hurts your hands, but I never get tired of doing it, it's fun," Page said.
Max was invited to the stage of "Driving Miss Daisy" to meet the real voice of Darth Vader, James Earl Jones.
"It's all about pretend," Earl Jones said. "That's the fun part about being an actor, about being a child."
Max was born with a heart condition, and at 3 months old, he underwent open-heart surgery to have a pacemaker implanted.
Doctors said he'd never play pro football, but they never said anything about playing at the Super Bowl.
"Our goal isn't that Max is some big, famous at anything," Max' mother, Jenniver Page, said.
"We're hoping through Max, through our story, some family may see Max have fun and rally," said Buck Page, Max's father.
"It's kind of fun for my brother to act," said Ellison Page, Max's brother.
For this overnight sensation, it's not about what he can't do. It's about all things he can do.
new york city, super bowl, new york news, lucy yang
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Child, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 33 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 11 min ago
- Missing jet drastically veered off course 8 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos