New York News
Small plane makes emergency landing in Queens
ROCKAWAY BEACH (WABC) -- There was a close call for a sight-seeing plane near Kennedy Airport Monday evening.
The plane took off from /*Republic Airport*/ in /*Farmingdale*/ before the engine malfunctioned.
The pilot, 24-year-old /*Jason Maloney*/, had to make an emergency landing in the surf off /*Rockaway Beach*/ in /*Queens*/, near Beach 56th Street in the /*Averne*/ section around 7 p.m. The incident happened about 3 miles south of /*JFK Airport/*.
NYPD emergency crews pulled Maloney and his two friends from the plane.
No one was seriously hurt, but Maloney was reportedly questioned by police because he landed without permission.
new york city, rockaways, queens, emergency landing, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76 20 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 23 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos