New York News
Small plane makes emergency landing in Queens
ROCKAWAY BEACH (WABC) -- There was a close call for a sight-seeing plane near Kennedy Airport Monday evening.
The plane took off from /*Republic Airport*/ in /*Farmingdale*/ before the engine malfunctioned.
The pilot, 24-year-old /*Jason Maloney*/, had to make an emergency landing in the surf off /*Rockaway Beach*/ in /*Queens*/, near Beach 56th Street in the /*Averne*/ section around 7 p.m. The incident happened about 3 miles south of /*JFK Airport/*.
NYPD emergency crews pulled Maloney and his two friends from the plane.
No one was seriously hurt, but Maloney was reportedly questioned by police because he landed without permission.
new york city, rockaways, queens, emergency landing, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 10 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured 26 min ago
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles 13 min ago
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting 29 min ago
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
10 min ago
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos