New York News
Small plane makes emergency landing in Queens
ROCKAWAY BEACH (WABC) -- There was a close call for a sight-seeing plane near Kennedy Airport Monday evening.
The plane took off from /*Republic Airport*/ in /*Farmingdale*/ before the engine malfunctioned.
The pilot, 24-year-old /*Jason Maloney*/, had to make an emergency landing in the surf off /*Rockaway Beach*/ in /*Queens*/, near Beach 56th Street in the /*Averne*/ section around 7 p.m. The incident happened about 3 miles south of /*JFK Airport/*.
NYPD emergency crews pulled Maloney and his two friends from the plane.
No one was seriously hurt, but Maloney was reportedly questioned by police because he landed without permission.
new york city, rockaways, queens, emergency landing, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97