New York News
NYC tourism agency accused of cheating city
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A new audit charges New York's tourism agency with cheating the city.
The New York Post reports an audit by the city comptroller's office found NYC and Company didn't share everything it earned from licensing fees.
It alleges taxpayers were cheated out of $1.7 million for the 2008-2009 fiscal year.
NYC and Company, a public-private partnership, disputes the audit's findings.
new york city, new york news
- Actor James Gandolfini dead at 51 8 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years 11 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013 20 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos