New York News
Times Square reopens after suspicious package
TIMES SQUARE (WABC) -- Police shut down Times Square after a suspicious package was found in front of the Toys 'R' Us store.
The suspicious package, which was described as a 2 foot by 2 foot suitcase or box, was found just before 10 p.m. near the intersection of 44th Street and 7th Avenue.
Police closed down the area and the bomb squad was called in to evaluate the package.
It was given an all clear at around 10:40 p.m. and deemed to be harmless.
Times Square has returned to normal.
new york city, times square, new york news
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia