New York News
Times Square reopens after suspicious package
TIMES SQUARE (WABC) -- Police shut down Times Square after a suspicious package was found in front of the Toys 'R' Us store.
The suspicious package, which was described as a 2 foot by 2 foot suitcase or box, was found just before 10 p.m. near the intersection of 44th Street and 7th Avenue.
Police closed down the area and the bomb squad was called in to evaluate the package.
It was given an all clear at around 10:40 p.m. and deemed to be harmless.
Times Square has returned to normal.
new york city, times square, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos