New York News
Saturday is 10th anniversary of Flight 587 crash
NEW YORK -- A ceremony will be held Saturday to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the crash of Flight 587 in Belle Harbor, Queens.
The American Airlines flight was headed from Kennedy Airport to the Dominican Republic when it went down on Nov. 12, 2001.
The crash killed 260 people on board and five people on the ground. The disaster jarred a city still raw and fearful just two months after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.
The ceremony will be held Saturday morning at the Flight 587 Memorial in Queens.
new york city, queens, plane crash, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash