New York News
Saturday is 10th anniversary of Flight 587 crash
NEW YORK -- A ceremony will be held Saturday to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the crash of Flight 587 in Belle Harbor, Queens.
The American Airlines flight was headed from Kennedy Airport to the Dominican Republic when it went down on Nov. 12, 2001.
The crash killed 260 people on board and five people on the ground. The disaster jarred a city still raw and fearful just two months after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.
The ceremony will be held Saturday morning at the Flight 587 Memorial in Queens.
new york city, queens, plane crash, new york news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 25 min ago
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos