New York News
Saturday is 10th anniversary of Flight 587 crash
NEW YORK -- A ceremony will be held Saturday to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the crash of Flight 587 in Belle Harbor, Queens.
The American Airlines flight was headed from Kennedy Airport to the Dominican Republic when it went down on Nov. 12, 2001.
The crash killed 260 people on board and five people on the ground. The disaster jarred a city still raw and fearful just two months after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.
The ceremony will be held Saturday morning at the Flight 587 Memorial in Queens.
new york city, queens, plane crash, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees