New York News
JFK-to-SF flight makes emergency landing in Buffalo
CHEEKTOWAGA -- An American Airlines flight from New York City has made an emergency landing in Buffalo.
Officials say Flight 177 landed safely at Buffalo Niagara International Airport shortly after 7 p.m. Sunday.
The flight was headed from JFK International Airport to San Francisco when the pilot noticed smoke in the cockpit.
All 173 passengers were escorted off the plane. No injuries were reported.
WGRZ-TV (http://on.wgrz.com/tnXOTW) reports the airline is inspecting the plane to try to pinpoint the problem.
new york city, emergency landing, new york news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 36 min ago
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died 37 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem found
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
36 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
52 min ago